We know that our world is not perfect, but we desire perfection in life. Even though harmful, we use all inventions readily. Lamps are a great addition to any room in the house but come at a cost that not all of us can afford. However, there are many ways of making a lamp by using a few cheap materials lying around the house. Nowadays, there is a growing trend to make eco-friendly products.
How about making a lamp using plastic spoons, water bottles, and glue. Plastic spoons -- whatever you say, they are an unnecessary waste for us and the earth once we use it. However, thanks to the internet, education and awareness program that even a child knows a 3R concept which means Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. People show real interest to upcycle plastic items realizing the importance of reusing old stuff again and again. Hence, we would like to offer you some help to make your house in Kathmandu free of plastic waste.
Convert the plastic waste like cutlery, bottles, caps, etc. into some creative project.
The designer of "Spoon Lamp" is Yaroslav Olenev. The Spoon Lamp made from plastic spoons and bottle helped him to win the "Ecology and Design" nomination of the "Future Now" magazine in 2010. He knows how to reuse things and turn them into marvelous, everyday objects. Follow the steps below to make an astonishing lamp in no time!
1. First, prepare all the required tools and supplies to make a plastic spoon lamp. Apart from spoons and bottles, the necessary tools are:
- Pliers, and
2. Second, use a sharp knife to cut out the big hole in the bottom of a plastic bottle.
3. Prepare the hot glue gun first of all. Then, cut the handles of all your plastic spoons. As shown in the picture, glue the spoons to the bottle.
4. Until and unless the spoons cover the entire bottle, continue to glue the spoon.
5. After that, make a collar for the bottleneck to cover it. You can do as shown in the picture, glue a couple of spoons together, then stick it to the bottle.
6. Then, place the cable inside the bottle, install a lightbulb, and hang the Plastic Spoon Lamp in the area of your preference.
7. It looks gorgeous in the dark and modern during the day.
Leave your friends wondering how you managed to buy such an elegant lamp.
No of views: 770
Published on 05, September 2017 by Nishant Acharya