If it weren't for the store room, our house would be cluttered with things we rarely use collecting dust. Everything from the toys your children played with to decoration items like the lights for Tihar can spend their lives without having you stumbling upon them every now and then.
Here are some pro tips to help you better organize your store room:
- Always separate items by category (plumbing tools, old books, and other items) and pack them together,
- Don't skimp on using tape, bubble wraps and other cushioning materials,
- Make sure the boxes that you're using are clean and dry,
- Use light boxes to hold heavy items and heavy boxes to hold delicate items,
- Place heavy boxes at the bottom to withstand the weight of smaller boxes on top of it,
- Make sure the cartons are full as half filled boxes often collapse under the weight of heavy items,
- Tightly seal boxes to leave as little space as possible to avoid dust collection,
- Use original boxes for electronic devices,
- DON'T place books upright, pack them flat.
- Place large items closer to the wall, this makes navigating through them easier,
- Avoid placing heavy items on top of fragile items,
- Place the items that you use frequently in front,
- Leave some space in the middle so that you can easily walk between the stored items.
Have any more tips you want to add? Let us know in the comments!
No of views: 1282
Published on 05, June 2017 by Nishant Acharya